Systems Engineering Intern
Tomahawk Robotics is a collaborative team of technologists with deep experience in defense. We bring a built-in desire to challenge the military industrial status quo - to do better. We take pride in what we do and see it as a privilege to safeguard the warriors whose lives depend on how they use our technology under the most extreme, stressful conditions. Our unified, common control solution is designed to strip out complexity, cost, and risk.
Tomahawk Robotics is seeking a Systems Engineer Intern for Fall 2021. This individual will be working under the direct supervision and mentorship of members of the Systems Engineering Staff.
The Systems Engineering Intern undertakes a variety of on-going activities and assigned projects at varying levels of professional complexity requiring basic knowledge across several engineering disciplines for a minimum of 20 hours a week.
Candidates should demonstrate a thorough understanding of engineering technology across several disciplines, exhibit excellent organization qualities and is a proficient in both written and verbal communications. Engineering Interns must be enrolled in an accredited degree program in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline with an academic standing of Junior or higher.
Examples of typical assignments include:
- System and subsystem analysis for requirement generation
- Organization and maintenance of existing requirements database
- Fabrication and integration of electrical, mechanical and software systems
- Test and measurement using standard test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, temperature probes and inertial sensors
- Component investigation and trades with suppliers and subcontractors
- Organization and correlation of test data in electronic format utilizing spreadsheets, word processing and database software
- Creation of technical documentation and user manuals
- Interact directly with colleagues and other internal or external resources in the planning of assignments and completion of tasks
- Ensuring quality design inputs though documented requirements and design descriptions
- Investigating anomalous behavior
- Developing and implementing test methods to understand the performance of the system
- Participate in technical projects and programs designed to develop personal and professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the Systems Engineering organization.
- Perform various duties related to the day-to-day operations of Systems Engineering.
- Position requires candidate to be on-campus in Melbourne, FL for majority of their tasking.