International Business Development Manager
Tomahawk Robotics is a collaborative team of technologists with deep experience in defense. We bring a built-in desire to challenge the military industrial status quo - to do better. We take pride in what we do and see it as a privilege to safeguard the warriors whose lives depend on how they use our technology under the most extreme, stressful conditions. Our unified, common control solution is designed to strip out complexity, cost, and risk.
Tomahawk Robotics is seeking a International Business Development Manager to drive international opportunity attainment. The successful candidate will support all elements of the pursuit and capture of new business opportunities to include but not limited to the following: Opportunity investigation, identification, and validation; competitive and customer intelligence gathering; support to price-to-win and probability-of-win analysis; new business investment funds management; presentation material creation; and customer, reseller and industry business partner meetings attendance.
A well-prepared candidate will be able to navigate and operate within the international markets and have established customer relationships and professional networks. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter capable of effectively working across the NATO/Ally partner nations while pursuing multiple business opportunities simultaneously, directly or through established in-country representatives. This role will collaborate across functional disciplines and contribute material for business development status briefings and reports. Influential and effective written and verbal communication will be required. This position will lead in defining and meeting growth objectives and forecasted Annual Operating Plan revenue goals.
- B.A/B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years or more of government experience working with or within IC, DoD, and/or Commercial Robotics Industry in a technical, business development, or program management, or other-related role
- B.A/B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years or more of sales or BD experience working with international, foreign MODs, and/or Commercial Robotics Industry in a technical, business development, or program management, or other-related role
- Solid understanding of international customer dynamics and acquisitions
- Experience working new business captures and proposals within a wide range of scope, dollar value and contract types
- Proven ability to successfully work within complex ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Has the ability to establish and manage a global reseller network
- Strong written and interpersonal communications and presentation skills including the ability to clearly articulate technical and business issues to customer and business leaders
- Excellent leadership, team building, and networking skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, change agent, and proactive and innovative problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to effectively participate on multi-functional teams
- Strong personal computer skills including a high level of proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Tomahawk Robotics is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Prior military experience
- Master’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Pipeline Development: Identify, assess, and develop new business opportunities, and positions new business resources to achieve Tomahawk Robotics growth objectives. Key responsibility is to engage and penetrate “green space” areas in the international market, seed opportunities and build pipeline, aligned with the Tomahawk Robotics strategy.
- Customer/Competitor Intelligence: Builds trust and sound relationships with customers and clearly articulates customer needs to business leadership. Discovers, assesses, and interprets competitive landscapes and environmental implications to help inform capture efforts. Supports and executes customer contact plans. Establishes and grows working relationships with industry partners for teaming and strategic partnerships.
- Product line Strategy Development: Supports development of strategies to achieve business goals aligned with customer plans and programs. Creates, analyzes, and articulates efficient and innovative solutions to problems that smartly leverage Tomahawk Robotics’ capabilities and investments.
- Capture Execution: Leads targeted new business opportunities drives capture activities once opportunities are qualified. Works with the leadership team to help develop pricing and win strategies. Supports gate review preparation, process execution, improvement, and transformation.