Join our world-class team of technologists solving today’s toughest robotics challenges. Tomahawk Robotics provides next-generation interoperability and control to military, commercial, and industrial markets.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will be designing and developing the future of robotic command and control systems. Tomahawk Robotics is working with the world’s best drone manufacturers, AI developers, and leading-edge robotic operators to create the world’s first universal common robotic control system. The hardware you develop will be the human soldier’s connection to the robots being used to keep them out of harm’s way and give them an advantage on the battlefield.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Microcontroller firmware development experience in C and/or C++
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- This position may require a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration
- Self-starting, determined attitude, with a focus on solving tough problems
- Ability to understand and debug both hardware and software elements of electronic product development
- Experience with board-level communication buses such as SPI, I2C, and UARTStrong software engineering fundamentals – design patterns, clean code, etc.
- Familiarity with FreeRTOS or similar real-time operating systems
- Experience implementing embedded security features such as secure boot, read-out protection, encryption, tamper detection, etc.
- Experience with USB and Bluetooth HID peripheral development
- Experience writing firmware for power-constrained or battery-powered devices
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration for embedded firmware toolchains
- Demonstrated knowledge of unit testing and regression testing
- Experience with Jira and/or Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with lab test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and protocol analyzers
- Develop firmware in support of all of Tomahawk Robotics’ hardware products – Intuitive, Reliable, and Secure
- Mentor other members of the firmware team in skills and best practices
- Assist the electrical engineering team with part selection and pin assignments
- Maintain all firmware in a Git repository and support a regular test and release process alongside other Tomahawk Robotics software
- Participate and contribute to technical design reviews and audits of design products
- Ability to work independently under the supervision of others
The required location for this role is Melbourne, FL