Test Engineer Intern
Tomahawk Robotics is a collaborative team of technologists with deep experience in defense. We bring a built-in desire to challenge the military industrial status quo - to do better. We take pride in what we do and see it as a privilege to safeguard the warriors whose lives depend on how they use our technology under the most extreme, stressful conditions. Our unified, common control solution is designed to strip out complexity, cost, and risk.
Tomahawk Robotics is seeking a Test Engineer Intern for Fall 2021. The individual that is chosen for this position will engage with engineers of different product portfolios to test products, perform verification and validation activities, develop and implement test fixtures, develop automated testing software for both the circuit card and system level, and create data collection systems to better understand and characterize our products for a minimum of 20 hours a week.
Candidates should demonstrate a thorough understanding of engineering technology across several disciplines, exhibit excellent organization qualities and is a proficient in both written and verbal communications. Engineering Interns must be enrolled in an accredited degree program in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline with an academic standing of Junior or higher.
Examples of typical assignments include:
- System and subsystem analysis for requirement generation
- Write procedures and perform verification and validation (V&V) against product requirements
- Develop testing methods for existing designs
- Perform basic circuit level measurements with oscilloscopes and multimeters
- Setup bench-level testing using testing equipment such as power supplies, electronic loads, and other various measurements devices.
- Write software (Python) to facilitate automated testing of hardware designs
- Conduct research/Design of Experiments (DOEs) to find best settings for specific products
- Support reliability testing on various existing product families for product improvements and user experience
- Perform regression testing at the system level on both aerial and ground unmanned systems
- Compile and analyze data into articulate results and report to engineering leadership
- Position requires candidate to be on-campus in Melbourne, FL for majority of their tasking. Candidate must have an excellent working knowledge of the Python programming language.