Software Engineer - Linux
Join our world-class team of technologists solving today’s toughest robotics challenges. Tomahawk Robotics is providing next-generation interoperability and control to military, commercial, and industrial markets.
As a Software Engineer, you will be designing and developing the future of robotic command and control systems. Tomahawk Robotics is working with the world’s best drone manufacturers, AI developers, and leading-edge robotic operators to create the world’s first universal common robotic control system. Your software will be the human soldier’s connection to the robots being used to keep them out of harm’s way and give them an advantage on the battlefield.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Development
- Highly knowledgeable in Linux
- Programming Experience: C++, Python, YAML, REST
- Strong software engineering fundamentals – design patterns, clean code, etc.
- Experience with Socket-level programming
- Experience performing code reviews and merge requests
- This position may require a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration
- Experience with Digital Video Codecs and GStreamer
- Advanced networking experience using Linux (DNAT, SNAT, routing table manipulation, firewall configuration, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and Debian Packages
- Proficient with modern CI/CD and Configuration Management Architectures
- Experience with nVidia 64-bit ARM architecture
- DISA STIG review and implementation experience a plus
- Back-end software development on an embedded Linux device
- Integrate third-party AI/ML capabilities
- Develop SW tools and infrastructure on Linux and Windows platforms for collecting, processing, and uploading large sets of data
- Maintain, test, and debug existing software codebase, as well as implement new features
The required location for this role is Melbourne, FLApply