Join our world-class team of engineers solving today’s toughest robotics challenges. Tomahawk Robotics is integrating land, air and sea robotic capabilities to provide next-generation interoperability and control to military, commercial and industrial markets.
As a junior software engineer, you will be creating software to control some of the most exciting new robotic platforms from vendors such as the Boston Dynamics, FLIR, QinetiQ, DJI, Parrot, and many more.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field with 1 year of relevant experience through internships, design lab involvement, etc.
- Able to design, write, and review code in C/C++, Python and Java
- Experience with Android development
- Working understanding of software design and interface definitions
- Experience using Gitlab or similar configuration management tools
- Microcontroller programming with low-level electrical interface experience (I2C, SPI, RS232, CAN Bus, PWM, etc.)
- Experience using continuous integration frameworks
- Experience using revision tracking in a Git-based system
- Motivated, hands-on attitude with strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to creatively address and solve problems, and close on solutions quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and works well in a team environment with mixed engineering disciplines
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Design, implement, test and document source code for robotic applications
- Ensure software functionality adheres to requirements and use-case documentation
- Participate in system integration of multiple robotic vehicles
- Participate in live system testing
- Support remote customer demonstrations
Preferred location for this role is Melbourne, FL.