Join our world-class team of engineers solving today’s toughest robotics challenges. Tomahawk Robotics is providing next-generation interoperability and control to military, commercial and industrial markets.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will be designing, integrating, and testing low-level software (firmware) for custom hardware used in networking and unmanned systems applications. In this role you will be working closely with both software and electrical engineers to create power-concise, responsive, and safety critical firmware in support of Tomahawk Robotics’ growing family of soldier-worn unmanned system control solution.
Tomahawk Robotics is working with the world’s best drone manufacturers, AI developers, and leading-edge robotic operators to create the world’s first universal common robotic control system. Our programs and partners span the globe. Come join the tip of the spear for robotics development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and or equivalent degree or experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Development
- Proficient in C/C++
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Bash, Python)
- Familiarity with an RTOS
- Experience writing software for TCP/IP network communication
- Ability to configure advanced network capabilities in Linux
- Familiarity with Wireshark and other network diagnostic tools
- Experience with Git, both locally and using a service such as GitHub or GitLab
- Exposure to assembly for a RISC architecture
- Knowledge of embedded testing frameworks
- Familiarity with Python or Bash for test scripts
- Collaborate with engineering to create and elevate UI elements and features based on customer requirements
- Designing, developing/coding and debugging firmware
- Reviewing and providing strong feedback on firmware and software architecture specifications and design specifications
- Debugging software and system issues
- Create, validate, and execute engineering verification test plans
- Document designs, implement tests
Location: Melbourne, FL